Google Search is full of little helpful features. Google has put all their tips and trick in one spot so you don’t have to search for them.
Some of useful Google search tips for teachers:
- Search by file type: Search for specific types of files, such as PDFs, PPTs, or XLS, by adding filetype: and the 3-letter file abbreviation.
- Get number conversions: Convert any measurement -- like miles to kilometers or ounces to liters -- by typing in the number and unit of measurement.
- Get definitions: Put define: in front of any word to get its definition.
- Calculate anything: Enter any math equation into the search box and Google will calculate your answer.
- Read public domain books: Read the complete texts of public domain works like Moby Dick for free by selecting "books" in the left panel of your search results.
- Search by voice: To search the web by speaking, tap the microphone button on the Google search box on your home screen to activate search by voice.
For the complete list of Google Tips & Tricks go to: