Jordan District Curriculum Technology is pleased to announce the first annual UEN Summer Super Blitz. UEN instructors will be bringing out 4 great courses to Jordan District including:
- The Innovative Educator: Makerspaces
- Google For Educators
- Create Online Educational Media
- Effective Teaching with Visual Media
Courses are eligible for SUU, USBE, and licensure credit. Each course runs two days from 8:30am-4:00 pm in the Jordan District ASB. For course descriptions and registration please click the following link
or from this page go to Ed Tech Endorsement Program > Summer Courses 2017.
These courses will be open to the public so register early to ensure your spot.
The Educational Technology Endorsement Program (ETEP) is an intensive 1-2-year professional development program provided to a group of Jordan teachers by the Jordan Educational Technology department. It comprises a blend of evening face-to-face sessions and online learning in which teachers explore ways to leverage classroom technology in a constructivist, student-centered approach to increase instructional effectiveness and student achievement.
Objectives for this project include:
- Enhance teacher instructional practices by using technology seamlessly in classrooms
- Emphasize project-based learning, constructivist approaches, and student-centered classrooms
- Enrich instructional effectiveness
- Increase student academic achievement
This program is intensive, with participation in a 3 credit hour course required every semester. Each course includes 5-6 face-to-face sessions as well as an online component. At the successful completion of the program, participants will have received 18 credit hours (USOE or UVU) and also receive their Educational Technology Endorsement.
The district provides the following for each participant:
- 18 hours of college or lane change credit.
- Participant must pay for UVU credit. USBE credit is free.
- Educational Technology Endorsement on teaching certificate. (Participant must submit paperwork and pay fee to USBE.)
An informational meeting will be held November 15, from 4:30 to 6:30 pm in the ASB Auditorium. Registration for the 2017 cadre begins NOW. If you have any questions about the ETEP program please contact Raimee Jensen 801-567-8158 in the Educational Technology department.